Unitel Communications
Unitel Long Distance

Free Unitel Long Distance Consultation:

Unitel Communications

Contact Us

Unitel FAQ

Customer Login
(Current Customers Only)

Off-Line Sign Up

About Unitel

Sound Professional! with the Virtual Office Phone System, Auto Receptionist, Call Forwarding, Voicemail & Fax to Email, Unlimited Extensions, Starting at $9.99/mo, UniTel Voice, Try it!,


What Unitel Has To Offer You...


Q. Who is UniTel?
A. UniTel is a DBA of Telecom Management Group, Inc., a company located in Naperville, IL, whose purpose is to provide competitive toll free service and long distance service to customers across the country. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Support at (800) 499-5912

Q. Who is the underlying carrier for UniTel?
A. Depending on service area and their qualifying rate plan, customers are provisioned to either ANI or Qwest.

Q. How will I know if I’m switched to UniTel?
A. If you supplied an email address during your sign-up process you should receive an email letting you know that you are now confirmed. You can also call 1-700-555-4141 and listen for the recording. The recording should state that either Global Crossing or Qwest is your long distance company. If you do not receive this recording please contact our Customer Service Department at 800-499-5912.

Q. When does UniTel send me a bill?
A. UniTel's billing sequence is on the 11th of every month. You should receive your invoice around the 15th of each month. If you have opted for paperless invoices your invoice will be available online approximately the same time.

Q. What are the UniTel billing options?
A. UniTel has two billing types. One type is to recieve a paper bill via US Mail directly from UniTel. The other type is our Paperless option, which allows customers to view their invoice online.

Q. What are the billing increments?
A. The billing increments depend on your area of service and rate plan. The billing increments will be defined to you during the signup process, depending on the availability in your area.

Q. What does UniTel charge for local long distance?
A. Local long distance (also known as local toll or intralata service) is billed at the same rate as your intrastate, or instate rate.

Q. Does UniTel charge to provide a toll free number?
A. Yes. A Toll Free Service Charge of 79¢ is applied for each toll free number per month.

Q. What does UniTel charge for toll free calls originating from a payphone?
A. If you have toll free (inbound) service, and someone calls your toll free number from a payphone, there is a 65 cent surcharge per call (that is paid to the owner of the payphone).

Q. Does UniTel offer calling cards?
A. Yes. The rate is currently 14¢ per minute for domestic calls. International rates vary. A 65 ¢ surcharge will apply to any calls you make from a payphone.

Q. Does UniTel credit switching fees?
A. Yes. Please fax a copy of your local phone bill with the switching fees on it to 888-453-1522 or send it directly to UniTel at 932 N. Wright Street, Ste 104, Naperville, IL 60563 and the amount of the switching fee will be deducted from your bill.

Q. Does UniTel have a Carrier Recovery Charge, and what is it?
A. The Carrier Cost Recovery Charge was recently implemented by UniTel in September 2008. Most long distance companies have been charging this fee for the last few years. Rates vary from company to company, as does the name of this charge. However, most other companies are charging their customers between $0.99-$2.50. Currently, it is a $0.98 monthly charge. This fee is not a tax or charge required by the government, but was implemented to allow long distance providers the ability to recover costs for national regulatory fees and programs, connections charges, and account servicing fees pertaining to interstate and international long distance.

Q. Does UniTel offer Account Codes (PACs)?
A. Yes. They offer both verified and non-verified Product Account Codes (PACs).

Q. How long should provisioning take?
A. Please allow ten business days for the switch-over to take effect. Do not change your long distance with your local phone company unless specifically instructed to do so.

Q. Who do we contact for provisioning problems?
A. Click here or call us at 1-800-499-5912 to report any problems.

Q. What are my payment options?
A. You may pay each monthly invoice via check, automatic credit card payment or automatic debit from your checking account.

Q. How do I cancel my account?
A. E-mail a request to our Customer Service Department or call us at 1-800-499-5912 to cancel your account.

Q. Does UniTel have a monthly fee?
A. Accounts that fall below $20.00 current usage in a given month will be charged a $2.99 Minimum Service Fee. This fee will be reduced to $1.99 if you have chosen the Paperless billing option.

Q. What is the Universal Fund Charge?
A. A USF (Universal Service Fund) charge of 14.1% applies to all interstate calls, international calls, and fees. For a detailed explanation of the USF charge, please visit the FCC website at www.fcc.gov.

COPYRIGHT 2001 - 2016 Unitel Communications Group ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
UnitelCommunicationsGroup.com is an independent agent of Uni-Tel